Highlighting A Few Benefits Of Our Sit-Stand Desks For Your Employees
Implementing positive changes into any office environment can prove to be beneficial for many managers. In most cases, companies will be willing to invest in improvements if the overall value of that investment is more than the initial price tag. When it comes to sit-stand workstations, employers all over the nation are realizing the long-term value for both their bottom line and the happiness and healthiness of their employees. Applied Ergonomics is here to provide amazing products such as our sit-stand desks to Chicago businesses, delivering amazing results to match a wide range of industries, budgets, and building floor plans. Our holistic approach to ergonomic furniture ensures that your employees receive the best benefits that an office space can provide.
One way to get your workers excited about the implementation of new sit-stand workstations is to highlight the wide range of benefits that can improve the mind as well as the body. Today, we’ll highlight a few of the health advantages you can expect from top-quality ergonomic solutions. If you’re ready to begin planning for your office updates, be sure to contact Applied Ergonomics for quality assistance!
Standing more and getting the blow flowing helps workers to feel better, but the benefits go far beyond that. Engaging muscles and reducing circulatory issues will yield many positives, each working toward the goal of complete body health. In the end, this healthful outcome will reduce employee downtime and reduce your business’ ongoing health costs.
- Burning calories is important for weight loss and metabolic regulation. Regular micromovements can help to keep your fat-burning processes active, utilizing more stored energy as a result. Over time, this boost can help with weight management.
- Increasing circulation is essential for complete body health. Studies have shown that “sitting is the new smoking,” meaning that this sedentary action plays a large role in many of the health problems faced today. Get the blood pumping — your body will thank you!
- Engaging muscles also helps to produce muscle growth over time. The act of standing versus sitting engages many more muscles, involving the body’s core for regular workouts. Your workers can expect long-term gains as they engage their leg muscles day after day at the office.
- Improving posture can do wonders for many of your employees, as repeated stress injuries from work account for a large portion of health claims. Introducing more standing into the work day can help to realign the spine to a more natural position.
- Enhancing heart health can do much to lower the chances of cardiovascular complications. Increased movements can help to foster healthier cholesterol and blood pressure levels, reducing the risk of heart disease.
Over time, your employees can expect long-term physical benefits when combining our sit-stand desks with other healthy lifestyle changes.
While implementing sit-stand workstations into your office can result in serious physical benefits and reduced health costs, it’s important to remember that the mind needs to be cared for as well.
- Focus - Engagement largely depends on how active you are, and standing helps to promote better focus as a result.
- Energy - Beyond being able to focus on the task at hand, employees should soon notice an uptick in their energy levels. This benefit can help you fuel up for tough tasks, relying on improved energy for lasting advantages.
- Productivity - The previously mentioned advantages help to make workers more productive at all levels.
- Mood - Exercise is a great regulator when it comes to emotions, and beneficial chemicals can be released as a result to help your team feel better. Improved moods can lead to higher workplace satisfaction.
Reducing Health Risks
Ultimately, the benefits of your ergonomic furniture can be realized over the long term, as a variety of health concerns can develop from prolonged sitting over the years.
- Cancer - Excessive sitting and various forms of cancer are now being linked, as sedentary activities do not help the body’s immune system. Over time, this lack of antioxidants and overuse of white blood cells can put many individuals at risk for developing cancer in one form or another.
- Cardiovascular disease - As we stated before, limiting your sedentary time can do much to reduce the risks of heart disease. As the top killer in the country, it’s important for employees to be aware of their heart health.
- Diabetes - Sitting for long periods of time can affect the body’s metabolism and insulin sensitivity, leading to serious health concerns. Active movement within the workplace may help to manage healthy insulin levels for those at risk.
- Early death - Sedentary habits both in the workplace and at home have been proven to be risk factors in suffering an early exit. Our ergonomic furniture experts can help you to get the blood flowing, providing a wide range of advantages for your employees.
Applied Ergonomics is here to provide comprehensive support for companies seeking out healthful solutions for their workers. Our team provides a wide range of ergonomic solutions for every industry, delivering personalized results for businesses everywhere. If you’re looking for a sit-stand desk in Chicago, be sure to contact our team today to learn about the financial and physical advantages of investing in ergonomic designs!