The Diffrient World is Humanscale's first foray into all-mesh task seating. Like its mesh-backed forerunner, the Liberty chair, the Diffrient World chair's tri-panel backrest hugs the body to provide tailor-made lumbar support, while its mesh seat, which has no frame in the front, eliminates contact stress under the thighs. But Diffrient World’s major innovation is its mechanism-free recline action, which leverages two parts of the chair’s frame and the laws of physics to provide automatic, balanced support throughout the full range of recline. No chair is more intuitive, or more environmentally friendly. The new World chair has become very popular among our clients for its comfort, support and small scale fit. While we have used the World chair for people of all sizes, small women especially appreciate this as a chair that fits well.
Features - Humanscale Diffrient World Task Chair
• Only eight major components and 80 parts overall for less susceptibility to failure and less environmental impact
• Weight-sensitive recline fully supports at all points without manual adjustments or locks
• Tri-panel form-sensing mesh back offers custom lumbar support with no need for external devices or controls
• Automatic functionality eliminates need for most of the manual controls used on other chairs
• Available adjustable or fixed armrests attach to the chair back to move with user during recline
• Upholstered seat provides padded support
* The Applied Ergonomics recommends this chair for users up to 220 lbs for optimum comfort
The Humanscale Diffrient World Chair is available with the following arm options:
• Fixed height arms with Duron pads
• Fixed height arms with fabric to match textile (textile seat only)
• Adjustable arms with Duron pads
• Adjustable arms with fabric to match textile (textile seat only)
The frame of the Humanscale Diffrient World Chair is available in black, white or gray.
Back Mesh - Humanscale Diffrient World Task Chair
Seat Mesh - Humanscale Diffrient World Task Chair
The Humanscale Diffrient World Chair is available in your choice of five cylinder heights:
• Standard 5” cylinder
Appropriate for 95% of users. Provides seat height range of 16" to 21".
• L Low 3.75” cylinder
Appropriate for shorter users. Provides seat height range of 15.25" to 19".
• T Tall 5” cylinder for very tall users
Appropriate for very tall users. Provides seat height range of 17" to 22.5".
• F High 8”cylinder with 18” Foot Ring
Provides seat height range of 20.5" to 28.5" along with height adjustable 18" diameter foot ring.
The Humanscale Diffrient World Chair is available with your choice of standard casters, soft casters for hard floors, or stationary glides.
Base cap options on the Humanscale Diffrient World Chair can vary depending on the frame color you select:
• Black: Standard base caps or brushed stainless steel base caps
• White: Standard brushed stainless steel base caps and translucent casters
Diffrient World Chair Brochure
Humanscale offers the following warranty on this product:
15 Years, 24/7 Limited Warranty except fabric, cushions and arm-pads which are 5 years, single shift. This Warranty is applicable to the initial purchaser only and is non-transferable. Normal wear and tear are not covered. Please see Humanscale for complete terms.