A better ergonomic keyboard.
It's the product customers have been begging us to sell for years — an ERGONOMIC keyboard that gives you all of the tactile feedback, greater comfort, faster typing speeds, and quiet operation of a Matias mechanical keyboard. We also think it has the best layout of all the ergonomic keyboards we've evaluated.
We sell and support both the High Performance Edition and the Low Force Edition keyboards. Here's what distinguishes each as a superior ergonomic keyboard solution:
The Ergo Pro High Performance Edition is a world-class separated keyboard with tenting, negative tilt, and Matias’ Quiet-Click mechanical keyswitch technology. Slight resistance at the beginning of the keystroke gives the user feedback that the keystroke has been entered and they can type the next stroke without the present key "bottoming out".
Matias developed the Ergo Pro Low Force Edition from customer feedback requesting a “lighter touch”, and it delivers all the important features of the High Performance version while reducing the initial keystroke resistance. This may be a more familiar keyboard feel for many users.
Both editions have been updated for 2017 to reduce key wobble and potentially a feel of "sticky" keys. There is still, however, quite enough freedom of lateral motion enabled to prevent the keys from having a "stiff" feeling.
Ergonomic Benefits - Matias Ergo Pro Keyboard
Matias mechanical switches, designed and built after years of research, are the unique factor that makes Matias keyboards so well regarded. They are quieter than other mechanical keyboards, yet give superior tactility and performance. With the full key travel and tactile feedback, users avoid “bottoming-out” on their keystrokes, reducing the negative ergonomic effects of repeated jarring of hands and fingers.
• Separation improves upper body posture, and reduces ulnar deviation (elbows turned in towards center of body, and wrists turned outward at the keyboard).
• Compact design reduces reach to the mouse, reducing shoulder and neck strain.
• Superior padded palm support reduces the risk of pain caused by wrist extension (when wrists drop to desktop as user types).
• Negative Tilt (4.5°) can be set for further improvement of wrist position.
• Tenting (9°) can be set to reduce forearm/hand fatigue from pronation (palms down position).
Other features include: sculpted keycaps for faster hand positioning and typing, 3 port USB 2.0 hub, dedicated keys for: Cut, Copy, Paste, Undo, audio and media controls, anti-ghosting circuitry, navigation cluster, and laser-etched keys.