These days, a large portion of Americans spend their workdays sitting at a desk. Unfortunately, studies have revealed that “sitting is the new smoking.” Even if you exercise regularly, sitting in a sedentary position for hours at a time can be risky. This revelation has inspired many companies across the country to invest in ergonomic solutions to get their employees up and moving more. If you’re ready to make the leap into the world of ergonomic furniture, it’s important to remember that products such as adjustable desks are valuable only if they are utilized correctly. Deploying health-focused measures for your office can provide considerable benefits for your team, and Applied Ergonomics is here to help!
Our team is here to outfit your office for long-lasting health solutions, and our holistic approach to ergonomic solutions helps to provide the best fit for every unique business. It is valuable to invest in ergonomic desks to provide additional movement within the office, but it can prove even more beneficial to develop strategies to help the entire office get in motion. Catch up on a few of our tips to help individuals and teams achieve optimal office health before calling today!
Daily health measures will fall on the individual, and your employees can rely on a number of strategies to ensure they are making the most of their sit-stand desks. Beyond the act of merely standing, it pays to be more active overall while in the office. As an individual, it falls on you to take charge over your daily routines. A few ideas commonly deployed across the country may include:
- Taking the stairs — This tip applies to employees in all situations, including those without sit-stand desks. Not only does this act get the blood pumping before you start your day, it also plays a role in positive heart health. Improve muscle tone, burn calories, and feel good when you opt for the hard way.
- Standing during phone calls — The act of standing while conversing on the telephone can provide benefits beyond increased circulation and energy. Discussing business while on your feet can help to warm the brain up, helping employees who are trying to sound more confident, assertive, and so on.
- Stretching at your desk — Standing for long periods of time can prove to be more uncomfortable than sitting for some individuals! While at your desk, try implementing stretches and dynamic movements to keep the blood flowing.
- Mixing up the routine — Standing for too long can also cause problems. Before you begin your workday, try putting together a plan to mix up the positions!
The task of implementing healthful habits will fall on the leadership at any corporate level. If you are in the management position, our ergonomic solutions may deliver an ideal platform for promoting employee health. Before you decide to invest in our high-quality sit-stand desks for your Chicago business, read up on our advice below to get an idea on how you want things done:
- Provide training and materials for ergonomic furniture — Develop a plan that fully trains new employees in the use of your sit-stand desks. Doing so will help to improve workplace health while also preventing unhealthy outcomes.
- Discuss the ins and outs of ergonomics — The purpose of our adjustable desks is to provide comfort for your team. It will fall on you to explain what posture changes to make throughout the course of a day, as well as what should be expected from a perfectly tailored sit-stand desk.
- Incorporate sit-stand desks selectively if budget is a concern — Before investing in a full armada of sit-stand workstations, you can opt to install “test desks” throughout the building. This act can help to create a buzz over sit-stand desks and their value.
- Introduce office activities — The act of implementing interactive games to keep your employees moving can deliver considerable advantages compared to static workstations. Regardless of the activity chosen, any effort that gets people up and excited about their ergonomic desk can prove to be very beneficial!
Standing is Good, Moving is Better!
Getting your workers to stand more at their workstation will certainly help to promote healthier habits, but keep in mind that movement is the key to success, not standing! Applied Ergonomics is here to provide the best ergonomic solutions across Chi-Town, delivering high-quality products such as our sit-stand desks to match our expertise and experience. Contact us today to learn more about our ergonomic furniture choices, and be sure to schedule your free consultation!
These days, offices across the nation are realizing the long-term benefits of ergonomic furniture, delivering healthful outcomes that increase employee comfort and productivity, while also reducing fatigue and worker downtime. If you’re looking for sit-stand desks for your Chicago business, then it is beneficial to do your research and find the right manufacturer for the job [...]
As a manager, team leader, or even at-home employee, you spend a lot of time at your desk. Modern trends have made sitting at a workstation more prevalent than ever, with more positions availing themselves on a monthly basis. While this is good news for many people, the issue does arise of sedentary habits and [...]
Many business leaders are aware of the many benefits of sit-stand workstations. The act of minimizing your work time spent sitting while promoting muscle mico-engagements can help to deliver a list of healthful benefits, especially when you partner with an ergonomic company for the best solutions in the industry. Applied Ergonomics is here to serve [...]
Implementing positive changes into any office environment can prove to be beneficial for many managers. In most cases, companies will be willing to invest in improvements if the overall value of that investment is more than the initial price tag. When it comes to sit-stand workstations, employers all over the nation are realizing the long-term [...]
These days, offices all across the country are looking for the most cost-effective ways to improve employee satisfaction, health, and productivity. Business owners and team leaders everywhere are ready to invest in cost-effective services and products, but only if they are worth it over the long term. If you are on this page because you [...]
Business leaders today are looking for the most advantageous approaches to enhance employee satisfaction and productivity, benefiting everyone involved. It often benefits these individuals to find products and services that are valuable and sustainable. One proven way to enhance your bottom line while increasing employee productivity and reducing absenteeism is to invest in ergonomic furniture [...]
Modern building designs are relying more and more on ergonomic design solutions to deliver comprehensive comfort and quality for a building’s employees and guests. Over the years, you want your employees to get better at their jobs and feel better while doing it. In many cases, poor building design can lead to a host of [...]
All across the country, businesses are realizing the health benefits that ergonomic furniture can provide for their employees. This furniture can reduce stress, prevent injuries, and decrease downtime, while enhancing productivity and workplace satisfaction. The science surrounding workplace ergonomics can be complex, with every office requiring its own unique size, style, and design requirements.If you [...]
Being more active and moving more in the office has become a popular choice for many employees in Chicago. Adjustable desks are one innovation that allows employees to sit and stand at their leisure, providing comfort in addition to the healthful benefits. The act of standing can do much to improve blood flow, reducing the [...]